Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Follow Up to Last Post

As I said in the last post, we are trying to meet a lot of students that our American students have become friends with so we can keep them connected with Agape Italia.  One unique thing that I forgot to mention in my last post is that Amanda and I got to go over to another city to meet Dylan and Chevas's friends.  We ate dinner at Raffaele's house.  We got to meet his family and friends.  They were so nice and hospitable. They picked us up at the train station and drove us to the house where we had a great time talking and singing before they took us home.  We ate fresh Mozzarella di Bufala and hot dogs with special sauces specially designed by Raffaele.  It was a great time where we got to know some the parents of Raffele and get to have Amanda and I's first home experience in Italy.

The other amazing thing that has been happening that I forgot to mention is Amanda has really gotten to connect with a lot of girls on project.  They really look up to her as an older sister.  She has really gotten to have an impact in her small group Bible study.  Small groups, discipleship and Bible study are things that she loves to do and it has been a great asset to our team this summer.  She has connected with a lot of the girls in a way that she will get to have a special connection for years to come.  Every night, the girls beg for "Storytime with Amanda"  where she gets to tell a funny or meaningful story about her life.  A lot of the things she has gone through make the girls laugh or point them to Jesus because of how he has changed her life.

Chevas, Chiara, Sasha, Dylan, Rodney and Amanda at Raffele's house.

5 comments:

Joshua said...

Just wanted to say that it is great to hear about Amanda's experience with her small group. I really think that is awesome.

Oh and Rodney, my team held our own pretty well when we played the Italians in soccer (but I must admit we did still lose). Step it up bro! ;)

I love you guys,
Josh

Wretched said...

Sounds like y'all are having fun. I'm glad you're acclimating well. I'd love to hear about a witnessing encounter. I love reading those.

Bryan

PCBO said...

Keep the posts coming, dear ones. God is working in Italy through you and your team and we are excited about it!
PC

Kathy said...

We are grateful to the Lord for doing amazing things in and through your lives during these first several weeks in Salerno. How exciting it is to be establishing many friendships! We miss you in the Growth Group!

Studio222 Photography said...

Looks like everything is going well! I'm glad ya'll are there and getting start working on stuff. I know it was a long journey for ya. Congrats!