Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sunrise to Sunset

There was like 3 posts in like 3 days and I have not really felt inspired as of late.  We had so many group appointments about two weekends ago we wore ourselves out.  We had 4 appointments in 3 days.  It was good to get to meet close to 50 new people and share about our ministry.  One of the nights after sharing, we went out swing dancing on UCF's campus.  I wish I could post some pictures but we forgot the camera probably because it was spur of the moment.  

The Monday after that weekend, the 9th, we had planned
to have a beach day and a celebrate Valentine's Day dinner.  Amanda wanted to wake up for the sunrise and I agreed because we do not always have the opportunity to do stuff like that even though I am more of a sunset kind of guy myself.  I felt sick when I woke
 up, but thought that it was just because I did not get enough sleep, I get sick to my stomach when that happens sometimes.  Little did I know it was the start of the plague.  I ended up throwing up on myself at the beach as I was trying to move the car.  I really did not know it was coming, it was kind of like a sneeze, and spending a lot of time in the beach bathroom.  I did get to see the sunrise in all its glory and spend sometime sleeping off my sickness on the beach. All in all that day I slept close to 7 hours from my original waking time and we had to cut our beach time short.

Amanda got sick the next day when I was feeling better and she recovered on about Thursday.  In the middle of the week we had 
a few appointments to share about our ministry cancel on us for various reasons, which was discouraging because it happened like 3 nights in a row, but it was okay because Amanda was sick anyway and it probably would not have gone well.  

Friday the 13th, we decided to reschedule our Valentine's dinner.  It was awesome to get to connect with the woman of my dreams and get to go on a special date with her watching the sunset and going off to dinner both on Clearwater Beach after we had transitioned to Tampa from Orlando on Thursday for a few weeks.  We felt like we were missing each other on a few different levels so it was really good to get to pursue her heart and her acknowledge mine.

Thanks for your prayers everyone, we have been meeting new people to share about our ministry and continue to pray for our time in Tampa.  Pray that people we are meeting with would make time in their busy schedule to hear about how God is moving in Salerno, Italy and how the we plan to share the gospel of Jesus Christ allowing it to take root in Italians' lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I hope you guys are doing well. It is evident from our Lord that it is His will for you guys to serve in Salerno. I want to encourage you guys to keep fighting the fight and running the race. Me and Betty are cheering you guys on and we pray for you to maintain your weakness before our Lord so He maybe strong and mighty in showing you guys well deserve rest and zeal to raise funds for His mission trip.