Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wisdom.......in your teeth?

Greetings to everyone who reads these collection of thoughts, gripes, or tangents. We are doing well, considering the crazy idea that we got on this past Tuesday after going to the dentist. We decided to pull all FOUR of Amanda's wisdom teeth on Thursday. We decided since we were getting back in the swing of things and stuff was still kind of slow since people are trying to catch up from their holiday activities. It was fun in one sense because I got to share my crazy wisdom teeth stories from when I was a junior in high school, about the nurse joking that she was going to steal my watch and shoes when I was under the laughing gas and I said, "Sure, that's fine" and laughed as the doctor said, "Turn down his gas dosage what are you going to do kill him?" Also two days later after getting them pulled I went on first date with my best-friends-girl-friends-friend to a comedy movie. Dont ever do that it was a bad idea since you havent brushed your teeth in a few days and laughing rips out stitches :) What was great is as I met with people and talked to people at church I heard stories of waking up with the teeth puller wrench in their mouth. One guy had so much laughing gas and only had local anastesia(area numbed around mouth but not put to sleep) that he actually liked getting his teeth pulled and told the doctors he wanted to do it again. A mother who made two of her children out at the same time so she did not have to go through it again, that must have been crazy. There are other ones I do not remember and I need to stop rambling.
Amanda is recovering nicely....her jaw hurts from time to time but she is able to move around and she does not have swelling any longer. Her right side is worse than her left, so she could still develop there but she should be okay. Continue to pray for her recovery.
Lastly, I want to leave everyone with a thought. I am reading through the Bible in a year and over the last few days I have been reading about Jacob and Esau. Jacob was said to have his older brother serve him before they were born. Still through God's sovereignty he still received the blessing from his father, Isaac, after deceiving Esau and Isaac. I have a problem with it, because I have this thing that everything should be fair and if I put in 50 hours a week in support raising related activities that I should be blessed financially congruently. Support Raising just does not work that way and I have to remember just if I do not deem something as fair that it still might be in our Awesome God's sovereign plan.
I also found it interesting that he got deceived by Laban his uncle later when he wanted to marry Rachel. I think it is interesting in the Bible when certain characters get grace at certain times and when some get consequences. I always try to map in out with no avail in my head, because there is no pattern. What I do recognize is that God answers prayer and somehow mysteriously it changes outcomes and hearts, what I do not know is how it happens. Just a few thoughts into how I am processing things during one of the most difficult seasons of my life.

No comments: