Monday, January 5, 2009

Its a New Year!!!

2009....More importantly today is the first Monday in 2009. This way you can see if all the things you want to do in the new year really get off to a new start. It is good to be back in Orlando. I know all our family is in Tampa, but not to hurt any of their feelings, we just feel like Orlando is our home. It is kind of weird since both of us spent the majority of our lives in Tampa. Maybe its the Uptown Altamonte that we have gotten so used to walking around in the morning and night. Maybe its OGC our awesome church that we have attended for the last 3 years. Or it could be that we live about 5 minutes from the dollar movie theater. Whatever it is we love Orlando. I do not really know why I went off about Orlando, since we will be moving to another country in a few months.
The Christmas break we had of about two weeks was good for us. At first, I thought it was going to be crazy because the 19th-25th when we were in Tampa, there was never a dull moment even though we really had nothing planned at the beginning of the week. It was good to see my grandmother get out of the hospital okay on the 22nd. I thought it was going to be twice in a row with my mom getting out of the hospital on Christmas Eve last year.
All the Christmases we celebrated which each of our families went well and we got lots of gifts! The favorite thing I got was a toss up between Bluegrass worship music from Amanda (yes I like bluegrass and not country, it just puts me in a good mood always ;) and James Bond monopoly from Amanda's mom, Terri. I am not sure what Amanda's favorite gift was but it was probably her watch.
We left for Illinois on Christmas day out of Orlando so we had to drive there in the morning. It was not too bad, we saved a lot of money doing it. Illinois was so cold. There was ice on the ground for two days but it never snowed:( I got to know Amanda's grandmother, aunt, uncle, and cousins better. It was good for us to take a break for those two weeks including the week we were in Illinois. I did not realize how much we needed it until January 2nd or 3rd. It is a new year and I am trying to think about support in a new way with God's help as we are now back, ready to go, trying to figure a lot of stuff out for the rest of winter and Spring like where a few hundred more contacts are going to come from. Continue to pray for us we need it!

No comments: