Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Every year, during Thanksgiving, what I have to be thankful for seems to get simplier and simplier. This year I am thankful to be in loving relationship with my heavenly father and thankful that I have trusted him for Salvation. I am thankful for my wife, son, and the rest of my family. The Lord has truly blessed me.

This Thanksgiving weekend was a full one for us as we spent time with Amanda's family on Thursday, went shopping and decorated Amanda's mom's house for Christmas, had a second Thanksgiving with my family, and then spoke at Glenwood Presbyterian in Orlando about our summer and God's workings in Salerno. This trip to Glenwood was one of Grant's first out in public. He actually did pretty good. He had poopy explosion while Amanda was holding him sharing about us in Sunday School. He went through two of his three outfits in one morning something we did not anticipate, but hey we can't complain!

We have made it a tradition to have a Thanksgiving outreach in Salerno every year. This year we had twenty people. Some were new people and some were people that were invited by our friends. Please continue to pray for those relationships to go deeper.

The holidays are much among us. Of course there are really only 3: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years that we celebrate in a 5 week range. These 5 weeks are usually busy for everyone, with gift buying, vacations, holiday parties, decorating for the holidays, families, and the actual holidays themselves. Usually during this season, I get so busy that I do not pray as much as I should. There is not as many people that want to hear about our ministry. Students go on their break. As well as praying for my diligence, could you commit to remember the true reason for the season is our Savior Jesus Christ?

Below is a recent picture of Grant :)


No comments: