Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The new Rays


One of our first activities we did, once we got to Tampa, was to go to a Rays game against the Minnesota Twins.  We always try to do at least one fun, non-support related event a week so that we do not go crazy.  The first inning was littered with scoring with 8 runs scored by both teams including a fly ball that landed one seat over and two and half rows up into an old lady's lap.  I was not on my 'A' game since it was just the 1st inning and did not go over there and snag it since there were open seats and I could have.  The Rays ended up blowing the game in the 9th after they were up two runs and all they needed was three outs.  This was my third Rays game in their 11 years and I thought I was watching the Rays of old who only won 70 games in a season once in their previous ten years.  I would say the other crazy surprise of the game was an older gentlemen in the section over from us received a baseball to the top of the head after it bounced off the upper deck but he was okay.  Thats it for the sport report, back to support raising!  Enjoy the pictures!  

No comments: